Iron Disorders Institute is a 501(c)3 national organization headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina. IDI received its non-profit status in 1998.
Iron Disorders Institute’s vision is that no one should suffer or die prematurely because of Iron-Out-of-Balance™.
IDI exists so that people with iron disorders receive early, accurate (complete) diagnosis, appropriate treatment and are equipped to live in good health.
We carry out our mission and our vision by:
- Providing reliable information about iron disorders
- Making the best use of resources and being accountable to you,
- Supporting a positive relationship between you and your physician,
- Advocating for you to government health agencies, the media, health policy and law makers and the medical community,
- Providing services, programs, outreach & support
- Providing opportunities for you and your health care provider to participate as a stakeholder